We are looking for a full stack developer thatÔÇÖs interested in developing and applying technical solutions on a range of research problems. The ideal candidate will be passionate about open source technology and interested in learning about a range of topics such as groundwater research, urban analytics, or applied GIS.
- Develop and maintain internal and external websites for data collection and dissemination including the CAESER Geoportal as well as other web applications
- Develop large and complex system projects and prototype implementations by participating in and overseeing their design, development, testing, debugging, and documentation
- Conduct detailed system analysis to define scope, objectives, and implementation of custom applications utilized in data collection
- Develops training materials for a range of technical capabilities
- Conduct needs assessment and make recommendations for hardware and software requirements for variety of projects
- Lead or assist with the development of future research opportunities
- Participate in both technical and non-technical presentations at local, national, and international conferences
Knowledge of various relational database management systems like PostgreSQL
Experience with version control systems like Git
Knowledge of PAAS services such as Dokku
MasterÔÇÖs degree in related area and two years related experience. Relevant experience may substitute for required education.
Interest in applying technology solutions to a broad spectrum of domains and disciplines and a willingness to learn a little about each